Why Purchase the EVduty-50 (40A) EV Home Charger?
The EVduty-50 (40A) is a level 2 home charging station which allows you to charge your electric car or plug-in hybrid faster than with level 1 charging. It can be connected to your smartphone via an iOS or Android mobile app. Its smart features allow you to remotely control access to it, follow your charging statistics and more. Equipped with a universal SAE J1772 connector which can be plugged into and charge every electric vehicle in North America, the station delivers 30 amps of charging power. The station can be installed either indoors or outdoors, and is designed to withstand the harsh Canadian weather, with its extra flexible 25-foot cable. The station is portable for use in multiple locations since it comes with a plug and is very light. This station is made in Canada by Elmec.
Available Options for the EVduty Smart Home Station
The EVduty-50 is also available as a smart EVSE. The Smart Home version is a smart charger and offers the following features:
- Wi-Fi connected: enjoy all the benefits of a Wi-Fi connected station with the mobile app.
- Control access to the charger through your smartphone: keep full control wherever you are.
- Follow charging statistics in real time: stay up to date with your EV or PHEV’s charge.
- View charging history: real electricity consumption and cost of charging are displayed in the app.
- Start and stop a charging session directly from the app.
- Adjust the maximum output current of the charging station (8A, 12A, 16A, 20A, 24A, 28A, 30A, 40A).
- Set power-sharing between multiple stations.
The station has two options for plug type:
- NEMA 14-50P (stove outlet)
- Hardwired (connected directly to your electrical panel for a permanent installation)
The non-hardwired versions allow you to move the station, which can be useful if you move or if you have a second place of residence.
Incentives and Rebates available for the EVduty Smart Home Charger
The government of Quebec offers a $600 rebate when you purchase your EVduty charging station. Make sure that the order for the station is under the name of the owner of the vehicule. Some cities and boroughs also offer further incentives. To find out if yours does, check out or directory of Canadian rebates and incentives for level 2 home EVSEs.
Installing Your EVduty Smart Home Residential Charging Station
We recommend you get your residential station installed by a master electrician. To find a qualified master electrician to set up your station, you can visit our directory of qualified electricians. We also invite you to add or review your electrician once your installation is done.
Unboxing the EVduty-50 Smart Home Station: What’s in the Box?
You can check out this unboxing of the EVduty-50 EVC 30 to better understand its size and the contents of the box:
Specifications and Details for the EVduty-50 EVC30 Smart Home Residential Charger
- Universal SAE J1772 connector compatible with all electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids
- 40 amperes and powered by 208 to 240 volts for 9,6 kW of power, allowing you to charge up to 5 times faster than with a level 1 station
- 25-foot (7.6 meters) ultra-flexible cable made to be easy to roll up even in winter
- Inside or outside installation, it works from -40°C to 40°C, and is made to resist to bad weather such as rain, snow and ice
- J1772 receptacle
- Wall bracket included for a simple installation
- 5-year warranty (3 years on the cable and the connector)
- Locking system to prevent theft
- Size: 13 x 6,5 x 2.5 inches (33 x 16.5 x 6 cm)
- Weight: 13.2 lbs (6 kg)
- Designed and made by Elmec in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada
- UL and CSA certified
- User Manual