Why Purchase the EV600 Series EV Charger?
The EV600 Series by Bosch is a level 2 home charging station which allows you to charge your electric car or plug-in hybrid faster than with level 1 charging. Equipped with a universal SAE J1772 connector which can be plugged into and charge every electric vehicle in North America, the EV600 Series is available as a 40-amp station for a 9.6 kW charging or as a 30-amp station for 7.2 kW charging. The station can be installed either indoors or outdoors, and is portable for use in multiple locations. This station is made by Bosch.
Available Options for the EV600 Series Station
Cable length and Power
The station is available in two versions, which vary in terms of power and cable length. The more powerful version is unnecessary for most electric vehicles. See if your electric car can benefit from the more powerful station with this table.
- 30 amperes (for 7.2 kW charging) and an 18-foot cable. Suits every EV, especially if they are always parked near the station.
- 40 amperes (for 9.6 kW charging) and a 25-foot cable. For EVs which can benefit from 40-amp charging, charges up to 7 times faster than level 1 charging. The cable is long enough to charge your electric car whether it is front or back facing.
Incentives and Rebates available for the EV600 Series Charger
The government of Quebec offers a $600 rebate ($350 on the station and $250 on the installation by a master electrician) when you purchase your EV600 Series charging station. Some cities and boroughs also offer further incentives. To find out if yours does, check out or directory of Canadian rebates and incentives for level 2 home EVSEs.
Installing Your Bosch EV600 Series Residential Charging Station
We recommend you get your residential station installed by a master electrician. Not only do they have the tools and knowledge to install your station in the best possible way, it is the only way to have access to most government rebates, including the Quebec provincial rebate. To find a qualified master electrician to set up your station, you can visit our directory of qualified electricians. We also invite you to add or review your electrician once your installation is done.
Unboxing the EV600 Series Station: What’s in the Box?
You can check out this unboxing of the EV600 Series to better understand its size and the contents of the box:
Specifications and Details for the EV600 Series Home Charger by Bosch
- Universal SAE J1772 connector compatible with all electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids
- Plugs into a NEMA 6-50P outlet (welder outlet)
- Inside or outside installation, works from -30°C to 50°C, and is resistant to bad weather such as rain, snow and ice
- Mounting plate included for a simple installation
- 3-year limited warranty
- Size (charging cable, mounting plate and cable holder not included): 12.6 x 10.3 x 4.5 inches (32 x 26 x 11.5 cm)
- Weight (excluding cables): 5 lbs (2 kg)
- Made by Bosch
- UL certified
- This station’s name was changed. It was previously known as the Bosch Power Max 2
- User manual