Why Purchase the EV200 Series EV Charger?
The EV200 Series by Bosch is a level 2 home charging station which allows you to charge your electric car or plug-in hybrid faster than with level 1 charging. Equipped with a universal SAE J1772 connector which can be plugged into and charge every electric vehicle in North America, the EV200 Series is available as a 30-amp station for a 7.2 kW charging or as a 16-amp station for 3.8 kW charging. The station can be installed either indoors or outdoors, and is plugged directly into the electrical panel for a permanent installation. This station is made by Bosch.
Available Options for the EV200 Series Station
Cable length and Power
The station is available in three versions, which vary in terms of power and cable length. Refer to this table to see how much power your electric car needs.
- 16 amperes (for 3.8 kW charging) and a 12-foot cable. Suits most plug-in hybrids (PHEVs) which are always parked near the station.
- 30 amperes (for 7.2 kW charging) and an 18-foot cable. Suits every EV, especially if they are often parked near the station.
- 30 amperes (for 7.2 kW charging) and an 18-foot cable. Suits every EV, the cable is long enough to charge your electric car whether it is front or back facing.
Incentives and Rebates available for the EV200 Series Charger
The government of Quebec offers a $600 rebate when you purchase your EV200 Series charging station. Make sure that the order for the station is under the name of the owner of the vehicule. Some cities and boroughs also offer further incentives. To find out if yours does, check out or directory of Canadian rebates and incentives for level 2 home EVSEs.
Installing Your Bosch EV200 Series Residential Charging Station
We recommend you get your residential station installed by a master electrician.To find a qualified master electrician to set up your station, you can visit our directory of qualified electricians. We also invite you to add or review your electrician once your installation is done.
Unboxing the EV200 Series Station: What’s in the Box?
You can check out this unboxing of the EV200 Series to better understand its size and the contents of the box:
Specifications and Details for the EV200 Series Home Charger by Bosch
- Universal SAE J1772 connector compatible with all electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids
- Hardwired into the electrical panel for a permanent installation
- Inside or outside installation, works from -30°C to 50°C, and is resistant to bad weather such as rain, snow and ice
- Mounting plate included for a simple installation
- 3-year limited warranty
- Size: 13.8 x 15.7 x 5 inches (35 x 40 x 12.6 cm)
- Weight: 15.4 lbs (7 kg)
- Made by Bosch
- UL certified
- This station’s name was changed. It was previously known as the Bosch Power Max
- User manual