Why Purchase the EVduty Charger?
The EVduty-40 EVC30 is a level 2 home charging station which allows you to charge your electric car or plug-in hybrid faster than with level 1 charging. Available in both basic and smart versions (EVduty-40 Smart-Home), the EVduty is equipped with a universal SAE J1772 connector which can be plugged into and charge every electric vehicle in North America. The station requires 240 volts to deliver its full 30 amps charging power. The station can be installed either indoors or outdoors, and is designed to withstand the harsh Canadian weather, with its extra flexible 25-foot cable. The station is portable for use in multiple locations since it comes with a plug and is very light. To secure it in place, you can use a padlock. This station is made in Canada by Elmec.
Available Options for the EVduty Station
The EVduty-40 station is also available as a smart, Wi-Fi-enabled station, the EVduty-40 Smart-Home. To find out more about smart features and their use, you can check out section 3 of our guide How to Choose the Right Home Charging Station?. The basic station can be upgraded to a smart station (Contact-us for more details).
The station has two options for plug type:
- NEMA 14-50P (stove outlet)
- Hardwired (connected directly to your electrical panel for a permanent installation)
The non-hardwired versions allow you to move the station, which can be useful if you move or if you have a second place of residence.
Incentives and Rebates available for the EVduty Charger
The government of Quebec offers a $600 rebate when you purchase your EVduty charging station. Make sure that the order for the station is under the name of the owner of the vehicule. Some cities and boroughs also offer further incentives. To find out if yours does, check out or directory of Canadian rebates and incentives for level 2 home EVSEs.
Installing Your EVduty Residential Charging Station
We recommend you get your residential station installed by a master electrician. To find a qualified master electrician to set up your station, you can visit our directory of qualified electricians. We also invite you to add or review your electrician once your installation is done.
Unboxing the EVduty-40 Station: What’s in the Box?
You can check out this unboxing of the EVduty-40 EVC 30 to better understand its size and the contents of the box:
Specifications and Details for the EVduty-40 EVC30 Home Charger
- Universal SAE J1772 connector compatible with all electric vehicles or plug-in hybrids
- 30 amperes and powered by 208 to 240 volts for 7.2 kW of power, allowing you to charge up to 5 times faster than with a level 1 station
- 25-foot (7.6 meters) ultra-flexible cable made to be easy to roll up even in winter
- Inside or outside installation, it works from -40°C to 40°C, and is made to resist to bad weather such as rain, snow and ice
- J1772 receptacle
- Wall bracket included for a simple installation
- 5-year warranty (3 years on the cable and the connector)
- Can be locked in place with a padlock
- Size: 13 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches (33 x 16.5 x 6 cm)
- Weight: 13.2 lbs (6 kg)
- Designed and made by Elmec in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada
- UL and CSA certified
- User Manual